Lentil Walnut Scones
Preparation Time: Ten (10) minutes
Cooking Time: Forty (40) minutes
Yields: Six to Eight (6-8) servings
½ Onion, diced finely
1 Carrot, grated
½ Teaspoons Sage or Thyme
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
2 Cups Lentils, cooked
1 Cup Millet, cooked
½ Cup Rice or Wheat Flour
½ Cup Walnuts, chopped
1. Sauté Onions, carrots and spices in oil until soft.
2. Preheat oven to 3750 degrees.
3. Put Lentils, Millet and Flour into a food processor or blender and mix for ten to twenty (10-20) seconds.
4. If mixture is too dry add water.
5. Add Walnuts and Egg, blending for another ten to twenty (10-20) seconds and mix well but not pureeing.
6. Add Onion and Carrot mixture, blend for ten (10) seconds.
7. Remove mixture from the blender and put into a bowl. The consistency should be thinner than cookie dough. If too dry, add a little water and if too wet, add a little flour.
8. On a lightly oiled baking sheet, spoon out medium, scone-sized portions.
9. Serve warm from the oven.
• Scones will keep for one to two (1-2) days in the fridge
|All materials in this website are copyrighted by Healing Mother's Spirit!|