Basic Adzuki Beans
Prep Time: Ten (10) minutes
Cooking Time: Seventy (70) minutes
Yields: Four (4) servings
1 Cup Aduki Beans
5-inch piece Kombu
Four (4) Cups Water
2 Bay Leaves
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1. Wash Adzuki Beans.
2. Place Kombu and Aduki Beans in a pot.
3. Cover with water at 2 inches above the level of the beans.
4. Bring water to boil.
5. Add Bay Leaves.
6. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
7. Check periodically, add water if necessary so that the Adzuki Beans do not dry out.
8. Allow Adzuki Beans to cook until they are soft enough for your taste.
9. Add Sea Salt.
10. Drain excess water if necessary.
• To check for softness, take a couple of Beans out from your pot and squeeze them between your thumb and pointer finger. If Beans press easily, they are finished.
• If they feel hard in the middle, they need more time to cook.
|All materials in this website are copyrighted by Healing Mother's Spirit!|