Baby Lima Bean Soup
Preparation Time: Ten (10) minutes
Bean Soaking Time: Eight (8) hours
Cooking Time: Ninety (90) minutes
Yields: Two (2) servings
½ Cup Dried Baby Lima Beans
1 3-inch piece Kombu
½ Yellow Onion
4 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon Mirin
1 Teaspoon Tamari (Shoyu)
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Cover the Beans with water and soak for 8 hours.
2. Discard soaking water, rinse Beans, and place in a pot with Kombu and water and cover by 2 inches.
3. Boil gently for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, Sauté Onion and Garlic in Olive Oil covered for ten (10) minutes.
5. Add Carrots and continue cooking covered for ten (10) more minutes.
6. Add Onion mixture to the Beans.
7. Continue cooking beans for thirty (30) more minutes.
8. Add Mirin and Tamari, plus Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
• Try adding fresh herbs near the end of the cooking time, such as Thyme or Parsley.
• Note that fresh herbs are more delicate than dried herbs, so by over-cooking them you will minimize their final taste in your food.
|All materials in this website are copyrighted by Healing Mother's Spirit!|